View Single Post
Old 06-28-2015, 08:27 AM   #1
Drew127
Pro

OVR: 5
PS4 overheating during gameplay

I searched the forum for this subject and didn't find anything similar posted yet, so here goes.

Lately, during gameplay, the PS4 fan has been turning on and staying on. This is more than mildly annoying, as the fan is very loud and definitely obtrusive to the sounds of the game. Here's an example video I found on youtube that demonstrates what I'm experiencing:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f6Oh71t2ees

Note: MLB 15 The Show is the only game I have, so I don't have other games to compare this to.

This happens consistently, from the time the gameplay starts (this is not an issue when navigating the front end). I can hear the fan activate and slowly build up to full strength. It remains this way as long as gameplay continues. As soon as I pause or exit the game, the fan quiets.

It definitely wasn't always like this for me. I would have noticed from the time I purchased the game and fired it up for the first time. I am pretty sure I can tie this back to one of the last two patches.

I'm wondering if this is just me, or has anyone else had a similar experience? I was hoping it was at least a known issue. If it's not, I'm wondering if it's an issue specific to my PS4 or if I should uninstall/reinstall the game. I hope that isn't necessary, but I'd be willing to give it a try if this issue is unique to me.

Last edited by Drew127; 06-28-2015 at 08:32 AM.
Advertisements - Register to remove