View Single Post
Old 07-02-2015, 09:00 AM   #74
sroz39
The Man!

sroz39's Arena

OVR: 14
Re: Rory McIlroy PGA Tour Gameplay Video - Arnold Palmer Invitational & More Details

That video was great! You have to take the good with the bad obviously, with the worst negative being that the guy played on Arcade mode and set his golfer up with over-the-top celebrations.

But you see where this game is going to shine and I noticed instantly the different flight path of the ball in the air. Having just played TW13 using Follow Cam and watching this video, the differences are extremely noticeable.

A real golf ball travels in a sort of upwards trajectory, and once the spin is able to catch up so to speak, the ball "balloons" down, hitting a mini wall almost. In the old TW games, every shot was a line drive so to speak and that's why the ball physics looked a little odd.

But watch the guy hit driver, watch the ball continue to rise ever so slightly for about 80% of the ball flight, then start coming down relatively quickly. Well. Done. Devs. A thing of beauty.

And though I'm not a huge fan of the follow cam, they've even improved it here for what it is and its most noticeable on the dog leg. They keep the hole and green in view, so the follow cam almost turns to look at the hole while keeping the ball on screen. Not my thing but a nice change.

I had faith and it feels like my faith will be rewarded. Looks like a great step up and foundation for next gen golf. Totally forgot to mention, love the presentation. Nobilo is one of my favorites, a great addition to the series.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk