View Single Post
Old 07-12-2015, 05:00 PM   #48
mattrd39
Pro

OVR: 1
Re: Turn Back the Clock - University of Washington Huskies

Quote:
Originally Posted by thesportsguru11
Loving that guys like Campbell and Town are actually going where they committed, yet guys like Fitzpatrick are going to other big-time schools.

Mariota is just too much...he always is in that first season. Though I find it interesting that the Heisman watch is holding somewhat true to form from the real 2014. (Whereas I had UCLA RB Jordon James winning the Heisman in 2014...haha.)
I think it has been about 50/50 so far in having the real recruits going to their accurate school. That should create a fun mix of reality/sim/fantasy going forward.

Here is to hoping that is the last time I have to face Mariota and he goes pro after this year, just like real life.

Regarding the Heisman list, the best players have played well, so hasn't been a ton of movement. James had a lot of hype coming in and always seemed to be slightly overrated in the game in my opinion. But guys have come out of nowhere to win the trophy in recent years - if I'm remembering correctly, probably 7 or 8 out of the last 12 winners wouldn't be considered in the top five in the preseason and a half of those guys probably weren't considered in the top 10 or 20 even.