View Single Post
Old 07-18-2015, 01:15 PM   #4
Caniac94
Rookie

Caniac94's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: hockey news article on nhl 16

I just laughed and laughed when I read that part about getting the core gameplay right because the gameplay desperately needs help! EA will continue to focus on 1. Graphics, since they know many people will buy for that reason alone, 2. They'll continue to focus on the online game modes, which still doesn't fix gameplay, 3. They'll focus on meaningless things like mascots to distract people from the total lack of gameplay and AI.

I agree with the OP. I just don't see that portion of the game getting fixed if this is how EA sees their game. A game that is solid gameplay wise and that missing game modes was all that hurt them when in fact that's not the case. I play FIFA and I enjoy it. Not because of game modes, not because of graphics, but because of gameplay. I only played a demo of FIFA and I kept coming back. Why? Because I had so much fun and I had to buy it. I don't know much about soccer but that is a truly fun experience IMO.

I know EA NHL have a smaller team and smaller budget but if they actually did get that core gameplay right I'd be happy but it isn't. It doesn't truly represent hockey. I'm just sick of the arcade feel and the glitch goals and the lack of AI.