Old 07-25-2015, 01:55 AM   #30
actionhank
MVP

actionhank's Arena

OVR: 4
Re: hockey news article on nhl 16

Quote:
Originally Posted by mcavner
A lot of offline BeAGM guys in here, longtime customers, who seem to make up a big part of the decline in sales. Guys who are older but still gaming actively, who have moved on to other games - some buying and playing games for sports they don't even watch/care about simply because the games are better than the hockey game. And that's the really sad part - as hockey fans we really don't need the game to be the BEST sports title to keep buying it - it just needs to be good. We're desperate for a reason TO buy the title, we want to buy next gen consoles and play the game BUT EA can't seem to find a way to win us back. It's incredible, really. I'm sitting here with the money for the game, the system, and in my case even the TV, and tomorrow I'm going to go buy The Show for PS3 and a used copy of PES soccer 15... I wanted to buy The Show for PS4 so bad... I'm literally the "Take My Money!" guy - and EA can't roll out ANYTHING to win me back. I dunno... maybe it's b/c I have my own awesome beard that beards alone aren't enough to win back my dollars. I've bought three basketaball games since the last hockey game purchase - and I haven't even watched three real basketball games. Is it even soccer season? But in my FIFA franchise I'm in year ten... le sigh.
Agreed. I've purchased FIFA in the past, and honestly, haven't really watched anything outside of the World Cup. I just like good game. I like challenge, and enjoyable gameplay.