Old 07-30-2015, 02:58 PM   #27
baseballsim
MVP

baseballsim's Arena

OVR: 6
Re: MLB 15 The Show Video - Online Problems of a Different Sort

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChaseB
It was not covered but it's a fair point. I think balks online would be tricky because some just want to be able to pitch and some guys do have long animations before they're set. That being said, it's super distracting and frenetic when people are just speed pitching the whole time. However, I wonder on some level if they do it (even though it doesn't really help) to try and prevent steals.
I don't think it's really a SB preventer because you just need to press a button to setup a steal but it may help some guys to some extent.

Balks were on last year and I believe one year balks were accidentally turned off but the developers were alerted and they were able to turn balks back on instantly. It may be an issue this year where balks were causing freezes so they turned it off. It may also be to help cater to more players because some might not understand balk rules.

As far as animations go, Kershaw is a good example of a pitcher with a long animation. When balks were on, the game did actually allow you to release the ball early without being charged with a balk. You didn't have to wait for Kershaw to lower his arms all the way from above his head.

Last edited by baseballsim; 07-30-2015 at 03:00 PM.