View Single Post
Old 08-21-2015, 02:01 PM   #5
FindingTim
Rookie

FindingTim's Arena

OVR: 4
Re: INSANE 50 Pack Opening Vid!!!

I've bought dozens and dozens of packs-- always the "standard pack"-- and mostly they are littered with Christian Vasquez, Jason Vargas, Justin Maxwell types. A Jimmy Nelson level player feels like a score. They are fun to open though, and addicting.

The other night I opened a pack and the "Oh, It's Perfect" trophy popped up on the screen. "What is this shinnanigans?" I wondered, as a Mike Trout card appeared before my eyes, shimmering in all its diamond glory.

Trout's been all right for me. Hitting over .300 through 12 or so games, but no home runs. Until last night. The game went 16 innings. Surely the most epic game that Grapefruit League stadium has ever seen. Twice in extras I snuck ahead by one in the top of the inning, only to give up the tying run in the bottom.

Then in the top of the 16th Trout stepped up. I had a strong feeling a low changeup was coming on the second pitch, and I guessed right. The ball cleared the fence in left-center by a foot or so. Trout's first homerun for the Frogs. Fortunate it wasn't robbed.

My gracious opponent messaged me after the game: "even though I lost, that was the greatest game I've ever played."

Me too, my friend, me too...

Last edited by FindingTim; 08-21-2015 at 02:03 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove