View Single Post
Old 09-13-2015, 10:27 AM   #55
althor
Rookie

althor's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: Scouting and Drafting: how's your experience?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruben2424
Personally, I like the way it is this year. The draft is a gamble, It should be hard to find gems. And I honestly think people put too much focus into "true value" and player overalls. Let's not forget that it's just a video game. I honestly think people forget that sometimes. I draft players based on how I like to use them, not based on overall or schemes. For example, whenever I start a franchise mode, one of the first positions I look to improve through the draft is TE. I always go after tall and athletic (Jimmy Graham style) TE's. I've drafted TE's with such bad overalls that they wouldn't even start on a JV football team...yet I've developed them into perennial pro bowlers. Sure those tight ends might have some awful attributes like blocking or awareness, but the way I use them, I don't need them to block. The point I'm trying to make is that although I wish every single aspect of Madden was true to life realistic, it's a video game. There will NEVER be a sports video game that will please everybody nor will it function like the real thing. So just take it for what it is, make the most of it, and just have fun. Plus, if you really pay attention to the combine stats on incoming rookies, you can get a good idea on what that player will be good at. Obviously if an incoming CB has a very high rated 40 time and good vertical jump, shuttle drill, cone, etc. I'm pretty sure that dude can cover and play jump balls with receivers. He might not be the best tackler, but that's YOUR job to develop that part of his game.
I enjoy doing that as well, but that just so happens to work in our favor. For those who like to draft for overall or for certain schemes, well I can see why they wouldnt be as happy.
Advertisements - Register to remove