View Single Post
Old 11-01-2015, 01:32 AM   #1
I_am_legend417
Rookie

OVR: 0
I'm shocked! My Career post trade game.

So, I play my career and I'm pretty annoyed right now.

It's strange that players play differently when you are not on their teams. After 2.5 season with the Knickks where the starting line up hasn't change I got through this crap.

I played for the Knicks hoping to bring another championship to NY. While I am playing my team plays like idiots, no help defense, barely rebounding, missing open shot and what not (same starting line ups) so after the frustration and just the tiredness of having to put up 40 a night for a while, which is super annoying and tough. ( I tried to score much less many times but there have been so many times where I past to the post and the pass back out to the wing immediately.)
I was successful a couple of times winning games scoring 25 and I was even able to get melo a 28 pt game once. But the lack of help defense and help on offense, why is melo only averaging 17pts consistently? Why in order to win do I have to constantly take all of the shot that my team will not take, why don't my teammate rebound?

I decided it was time to take "my talents to south beach" to quote Lebron, so I went to The Clippers to add to their deep team and win a championship.

So my first game is against my old team and what happens? Suddenly they know how to play basketball, they are getting blocks, they are grabbing rebounds and they are hitting open shots. What in the world?

I played many games, seriously maybe upwards of 150, with 10 minute quarters and never, has my team played like that. The player of the game ends up being Porzingis and he pulled down 14, 14 rebounds? Wow, I have played 150+ games and he has averaged 4 rebounds, for 2 seasons.

My big grip with this is why isn't play consistent? Meaning I understand that this is a game, but if you are playing on a team the players should play exactly the same as if you are not.

There should be a mode just called basketball, I know that there should be a difficulty for people that need that, but this is a basketball game, if you play good/GREAT basketball you should be rewarded.

If you are the best team in the league, every once in a while you should be able to beat teams by 30+.

Why don't players play the same if you're a team mate or not? That's a huge issue for me.

Almost a deal breaker.

Update

So I found something very interesting. I guess teams do matter, I am playing on the Clippers now and I am finally getting team like play, deandre Jordan plays really good defense even getting upwards of 3 blocks a game.

I haven had to score 50 a game in LA either, the last game the highest scorer was Anthony Marrow. He was killing it from 3. So I guess I was just on a sorely untalented team, though Prizingis is killing it now.

Last edited by I_am_legend417; 11-02-2015 at 11:49 PM. Reason: Played a few more games and see a difference.
Advertisements - Register to remove