Home

I'm shocked! My Career post trade game.

This is a discussion on I'm shocked! My Career post trade game. within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
Replicating the Playoffs Experience in NBA 2K24
TopSpin 2K25 Review - A Winning Return for the Series
Out Of The Park Baseball 25 Review: An Impressively Deep Managerial Experience

Old 11-01-2015, 01:32 AM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 0
I'm shocked! My Career post trade game.

So, I play my career and I'm pretty annoyed right now.

It's strange that players play differently when you are not on their teams. After 2.5 season with the Knickks where the starting line up hasn't change I got through this crap.

I played for the Knicks hoping to bring another championship to NY. While I am playing my team plays like idiots, no help defense, barely rebounding, missing open shot and what not (same starting line ups) so after the frustration and just the tiredness of having to put up 40 a night for a while, which is super annoying and tough. ( I tried to score much less many times but there have been so many times where I past to the post and the pass back out to the wing immediately.)
I was successful a couple of times winning games scoring 25 and I was even able to get melo a 28 pt game once. But the lack of help defense and help on offense, why is melo only averaging 17pts consistently? Why in order to win do I have to constantly take all of the shot that my team will not take, why don't my teammate rebound?

I decided it was time to take "my talents to south beach" to quote Lebron, so I went to The Clippers to add to their deep team and win a championship.

So my first game is against my old team and what happens? Suddenly they know how to play basketball, they are getting blocks, they are grabbing rebounds and they are hitting open shots. What in the world?

I played many games, seriously maybe upwards of 150, with 10 minute quarters and never, has my team played like that. The player of the game ends up being Porzingis and he pulled down 14, 14 rebounds? Wow, I have played 150+ games and he has averaged 4 rebounds, for 2 seasons.

My big grip with this is why isn't play consistent? Meaning I understand that this is a game, but if you are playing on a team the players should play exactly the same as if you are not.

There should be a mode just called basketball, I know that there should be a difficulty for people that need that, but this is a basketball game, if you play good/GREAT basketball you should be rewarded.

If you are the best team in the league, every once in a while you should be able to beat teams by 30+.

Why don't players play the same if you're a team mate or not? That's a huge issue for me.

Almost a deal breaker.

Update

So I found something very interesting. I guess teams do matter, I am playing on the Clippers now and I am finally getting team like play, deandre Jordan plays really good defense even getting upwards of 3 blocks a game.

I haven had to score 50 a game in LA either, the last game the highest scorer was Anthony Marrow. He was killing it from 3. So I guess I was just on a sorely untalented team, though Prizingis is killing it now.

Last edited by I_am_legend417; 11-02-2015 at 11:49 PM. Reason: Played a few more games and see a difference.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-01-2015, 01:44 AM   #2
Rookie

Re: I'm shocked! My Career post trade game.

Also, I'm not complaining because I'm playing with the team exactly as I wanted to play with, but I rated a 97 the current MVP of the year and the Knicks current franchise player was traded for a rookie rated 53 that has taken only 2 shots in the current season and missed both. What the??

I was scared that they would trade good players and I wouldn't bet the chance to play with cp3, griffin or Jordan but what? Makes no sense in any reality.
Old 11-01-2015, 11:44 AM   #3
Pro

I definitely feel you. My player/career has been like this since it's been out. It's pretty bad considering no matter what position they will play like this. I'm surprised this hasn't been addressed.
Old 11-01-2015, 11:47 AM   #4
Rookie

JohnnyCash2015's Arena

Isn't the point of my career for you to score 50 points a game and do every thing for your team so that you can rack up the VC?

It's always been like this and always will.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 11-01-2015, 12:24 PM   #5
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnnyCash2015
Isn't the point of my career for you to score 50 points a game and do every thing for your team so that you can rack up the VC?

It's always been like this and always will.
Sadly I think you are right. The need for the stats to be "right" online, 5v5 as well as in MC have really diminished the value of MyCareer as a game other than collecting badges. Add to that every input you had in team building and interaction is gone, so now it's just a piggyback ride until you get bored. At present MC in 2K16 is little more than a stat generator disguised as a game, in which the AI will do whatever it takes to approximate.

I will just play out my C career now in a desperate attempt to salvage something, and then I'll just put the game away as the gameplay in MC is so flawed and poorly tuned. Honestly, who am I kidding, I just can't lay off the damn thing even if it genuinely makes me feel miserable and I really, really want to like the game. But I WILL jump off the wagon if MyCareer in 2K17 isn't seriously overhauled, as that mode is the sole reason I've bought the game over the years.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-01-2015, 01:33 PM   #6
Rookie

ClassActFan's Arena

OVR: 4

I feel bad, sympathizing with you and one of my friends, OP. He, just like you, loves MC, plays the game for that mode and constantly vents his frustration about how his team consistently underperforms and plays wildly and unrealistically. He says he just wants to play as part of a team and not be a one man force.
Old 11-01-2015, 06:14 PM   #7
Banned

bo.jangles344's Arena

Unless you're a pg or have on court coach you unfortunately can't change your offensive strategy. As soon as the game starts on our first possession i always set the offensive motion to freestyle. This allows more flexibility to the offense when plays break down. I still have issues with the game, players not shooting when open and horrible turn overs but I'm on the magic and having them be so young and athletic really helps the feel of the game. When in the half court set i typically like to run the first play drawn up, but will call for a pick or just dump it down low to vucevic who's a beast this year.

If you play any other position, sadly it's your job to carry your team.
Old 11-01-2015, 08:27 PM   #8
McG
Rookie

McG's Arena

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by bo.jangles344
Unless you're a pg or have on court coach you unfortunately can't change your offensive strategy. As soon as the game starts on our first possession i always set the offensive motion to freestyle. This allows more flexibility to the offense when plays break down. I still have issues with the game, players not shooting when open and horrible turn overs but I'm on the magic and having them be so young and athletic really helps the feel of the game. When in the half court set i typically like to run the first play drawn up, but will call for a pick or just dump it down low to vucevic who's a beast this year.

If you play any other position, sadly it's your job to carry your team.
I guess that's why they call us Freq (aka Freak). We have to be freaks in order to win. I really wish that MyCareer and MyPark attributes were separate. So MyCareer could be played how you wish (struggling rookie, start off as a vet, star rookie, etc) then build them up how ever you wanted. For MyPark, it would be like FIFA Be-A-Pro when you hit certain goals you unlock attributes. They could have fixed unlocks (ex. +1 3pt for 10 3's made in for your MyPark career) and attributes that could be spent freely (ex. 20 games played unlocks attributes you can select).

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »