Old 11-04-2015, 11:44 PM   #4
TheWarmWind
MVP

TheWarmWind's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: Need more animations in '16!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Herschie
I'd actually like to see this. But then I'd like to see less animations during the actual gameplay. Whoa! Less animations? Why, Herschie? Well, you see, back in the days when they didn't have as many, they were able to get the ones that they did have right. As a result, with fewer animations to worry about, the game played much smoother. MLB 06: The Show had far fewer, yet it played great.

In the end, you notice the animations more during cutscenes than during the actual gameplay.
While I don't agree with this I totally get where you are coming from. And I must admit, more animations can lead to more problems with implementation and triggers. ALSO, I have to admit more animations have diminishing returns.

I think that these problems should be tackled head on as opposed to avoided, because even though there will be bumps along the path it will lead to a better product in the end. You make a good point for avoiding though and instead focusing on a few really good animations.

TL;DR: You made a logical and constructive point that I just happen to disagree with. Bravo!