View Single Post
Old 11-12-2015, 06:00 AM   #23
PandaPower2k
Rookie

OVR: 0
Re: How to keep your cool while losing ?

I try to focus on "doing the right thing" at all times, in every possession.

I missed a wide open 3 and my opponent scored an easy fast break point off of that rebound? It's okay. I found and took the right shot, did the right thing. I just gotta run back better next time. And as long as I take better shots than my opponent, I have a better chance of winning.

Opponent made a ridiculous contact lay up, or a contested deep 3? It's fine, he'll miss more of those shots than he makes, in the long run. I just gotta keep defending the same way, forcing him into taking tough shots.

Good thing about "trying to do the right thing" is, it will make one improve regardless of the result of that one game. You can lose by 20 points, but keeping calm and trying to "do the right thing", trying to create good scoring opportunities against a great defensive team, or trying to find a better defensive way of stopping a great offensive team, eventually improves your game.

That's why I am against quitting games that I'm losing. I almost always finish my games. Because if I just quit without learning anything from the opponent who beat me, I won't have a better chance of winning against him next time.