View Single Post
Old 11-27-2015, 04:49 PM   #5
harryl
MVP

OVR: 0
Re: Domination points

Quote:
Originally Posted by hanzsomehanz
Look at the percentage rows and you'll see I went 50% from free throw: turns out I had free throw difficulty maxed out.
There isn't a setting to free throw difficulty, is there? I think all one can do is to turn off the AI free throw shaking if you're playing "on the road."

Quote:
Usually I would hit 80% or better from free throw.
Your shooting %'s are a good illustration of how the MT bonus is not a straight conversion of your actual % figure. I forget what the formula is, but it's something like (Shooting %) - 10 = MT Bonus. But not quite that simple: you can end up earning the same or more than your actual % figure if you shoot and make more than the required.

Notice how you made 3 three-pointers and got a bonus of 50. I imagine you went 3/5, which is 60%. So 60 - 10 = 50.

I've been searching for a breakdown for the formula but haven't been able to find it. But from what I remember, in 2K15, after everyone figured out the "shoot two three-pointers and make both and then never take another to earn 100 MT," 2K altered the formula so that you could only get something like 50 MT for going 2-2 and then had to keep shooting and complete at 50%+ in order to get over 50 MT as a bonus.

I also would usually drive 100+ points from post which would have net me 900+ MT in this match which is sufficient for even the last historic game.

Quote:
As a strategy tip: perform layups on fastbreaks and sprinkle in dunks when wide open. Layups have higher chances of sinking when running the fast break and are clutch for drawing fouls. My fast break points have improved dramatically since performing layups predominately on the fast break and only using the dunk when wide open.
I generally just dunk but I think your advice is pretty good for post-Patch-3 play. Especially when playing against historically great rim protectors. In the latter Historic All Star games, I had my ROTY Jordan clanking dunks when he tried to dunk on great centers with good position. And chasedown blocks were more frequent.

Quote:
Again though, I stress that you should play clever and leave a player open intentionally. I prefer to gap the PG. Gaping is a good strategy because the CPU has a built in high rate to miss their open shots so this leads to rebounds for you and quick stops which transition into more time of possession on offense for you.
Definitely a good strategy. Sometimes the CPU doesn't cooperate. I liked leaving my D at Half Court Trap the whole game so that I'd generally get one of three outcomes: 1) a steal, 2 and 3) double-teaming leaves someone open for a mid-range or longer shot that might or might not go in, but generally was not late in the shot clock.

You have to also keep in mind the player ratings for who you're playing. In the late Historic games, you'll play against Magic Johnson three times and he'll never shoot a three unless you're up huge, late, and usually not even then.
Advertisements - Register to remove