Old 12-02-2015, 02:49 PM   #80
wwharton
*ll St*r

wwharton's Arena

OVR: 28
Re: Week 12 MNF: Browns @ Ravens

Quote:
Originally Posted by cima
I mean, neither is a great option. Johnny is "supposed to be" their future though. I don't think he is, nor do I think Davis is...but at this point they should just part ways with him. Send him home for the rest of the year. His presence alone with the looming possibility of playing is a distraction. But if you're going to have him around, I don't see why you don't play him. He got benched last week...is another week or two or three weeks of benching really going to make a difference at this point?
Or you maintain the plan you originally had which has him sitting right now. YOU don't see why you don't play him... again, the distraction is to you.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheShizNo1
I hear you (and others) but, bias aside, as an organization you need to figure out what you have. Unless you're OK with letting yet another first round QB go.
Teams draft QBs all the freaking time. Why is it that THIS QB needs to play RIGHT NOW? As someone who has coached, I can tell you that if there is any chance at all of Manziel being the Browns QB of the future, it will only work with him understanding that there are consequences to his immature actions AND with the team trusting that nobody is above the team. These things are much more important than just figuring out what you have. They've screwed up on many 1st round picks. The draft is over, there all just players now. The ones that deserve to be on the field get to play. A horrible organization is one that plays guys because of what round they were drafted in or how much money they are making, ignoring glaring reasons for them to be sitting on the bench.