View Single Post
Old 12-05-2015, 03:46 PM   #22
zocrates
Rookie

OVR: 0
Re: Interesting discovery about difficulty level/sliders

Quote:
Originally Posted by vgunn
Just too much offensive firepower going with Heisman O/Freshman D (CPU vs CPU). Fun games, but not very realistic. Certainly if you want a wide open game with lots of scoring this is the way to go.

I'm working on Freshman/Freshman now. Seems to work better, but still so frustrating. You get one thing working and another blows up.
This game is just way too inconsistent. I ran at least 5 games on CPU vs. CPU before creating this post and every game was visibly different than literally any other difficulty level combination I ran. The first box score I posted in this thread was on Heisman/Freshman with all other sliders on default and it was the only settings level I saw the poor QBs actually throw to their ratings.

But then I ran some more games and did see the offensive explosion. So, I can't figure it out.

I know that no matter how many games I ran with the other difficulty settings, I never saw that amount of separation between the good and bad QBs at all. So essentially, while Heisman/Freshman still has its major faults, I still never saw the separation at all on any other level with the default settings.

The only issue is that on Heisman/Freshman, the defensive sliders don't look like they work at all since I set INT to 95 and still never saw any interceptions. So, even if I wanted to use Heisman/Freshman as a base for building a slider set (since that is the only one with any separation in ratings), it doesn't look like the sliders have an effect.