Home

Interesting discovery about difficulty level/sliders

This is a discussion on Interesting discovery about difficulty level/sliders within the NCAA Football Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football > NCAA Football Sliders
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 11-27-2015, 04:38 AM   #17
MVP

OVR: 5
Re: Interesting discovery about difficulty level/sliders

With the Threshold at 50, do you get any separation?

Wondering how much the stats are effected with Threshold at 0.
Old 11-27-2015, 06:25 PM   #18
Rookie

Colts06XLI's Arena

OVR: 3

I found this Heisman/Varsity set posted by Jistic a couple of years ago.

http://www.operationsports.com/forum...lider-set.html
Old 12-03-2015, 07:44 AM   #19
MVP

I'm going to give this a shot this weekend.
Old 12-05-2015, 04:27 AM   #20
MVP

Just too much offensive firepower going with Heisman O/Freshman D (CPU vs CPU). Fun games, but not very realistic. Certainly if you want a wide open game with lots of scoring this is the way to go.

I'm working on Freshman/Freshman now. Seems to work better, but still so frustrating. You get one thing working and another blows up.
Old 12-05-2015, 01:18 PM   #21
Hall Of Fame

Matt10's Arena

OVR: 23

Quote:
Originally Posted by vgunn
Just too much offensive firepower going with Heisman O/Freshman D (CPU vs CPU). Fun games, but not very realistic. Certainly if you want a wide open game with lots of scoring this is the way to go.

I'm working on Freshman/Freshman now. Seems to work better, but still so frustrating. You get one thing working and another blows up.
Yeah, I remember when we had tested all the different combos and the #1 issue that stood out amongst all of them was the incredible push the offensive line would produce on run plays:

Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-05-2015, 03:46 PM   #22
Rookie

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by vgunn

This game is just way too inconsistent. I ran at least 5 games on CPU vs. CPU before creating this post and every game was visibly different than literally any other difficulty level combination I ran. The first box score I posted in this thread was on Heisman/Freshman with all other sliders on default and it was the only settings level I saw the poor QBs actually throw to their ratings.

But then I ran some more games and did see the offensive explosion. So, I can't figure it out.

I know that no matter how many games I ran with the other difficulty settings, I never saw that amount of separation between the good and bad QBs at all. So essentially, while Heisman/Freshman still has its major faults, I still never saw the separation at all on any other level with the default settings.

The only issue is that on Heisman/Freshman, the defensive sliders don't look like they work at all since I set INT to 95 and still never saw any interceptions. So, even if I wanted to use Heisman/Freshman as a base for building a slider set (since that is the only one with any separation in ratings), it doesn't look like the sliders have an effect.
Old 12-06-2015, 12:37 PM   #23
Rookie

And right on cue, right after I posted that, I set the INT and Pass Coverage sliders to 100 and QBA to 10 and had 4 INTs in the game I ran on Heisman/Freshman with all other sliders on default. So, at least I know it's possible to get INTs on that difficulty setting now. Whether or not I can get everything else working properly remains to be seen, though.
Old 12-07-2015, 11:16 AM   #24
Rookie

remembering something khaliib said about rating having a match, it seems to me that pass blocking and pass coverage are a match, wr catching and interceptions are a match, and so on(qb acc would be by itself) so in order to get the sliders to work correctly(if possible) one would have to take the matches into consideration.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football > NCAA Football Sliders »