Home

Interesting discovery about difficulty level/sliders

This is a discussion on Interesting discovery about difficulty level/sliders within the NCAA Football Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football > NCAA Football Sliders
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 11-24-2015, 02:02 PM   #9
Rookie

OVR: 0
Re: Interesting discovery about difficulty level/sliders

I can't figure this game out. One day, I test at least 5 games on Heisman/Freshman and it plays as I described it above, and now I'm testing it and it plays just about what you'd expect it to play where there's too much offense.

Heisman/Freshman difficulty probably has the most separation in terms of ratings, but it looks like the sliders don't have much effect on gameplay. I moved the INT slider to 95 and still haven't seen any INTs or an improvement in overall pass defense.

It's really looking like this game is broken with regard to separating the good and bad QBs.
Old 11-24-2015, 03:41 PM   #10
Rookie

OVR: 2

dang that stinks I was hoping you were on to something!
Old 11-24-2015, 04:24 PM   #11
Hall Of Fame

Matt10's Arena

OVR: 23

I was hoping as well, just for something fresh. I do remember testing the same set up at one point when the OS Sliders were still on the split of Heisman/Varsity. The offense was the biggest culprit and you're right, Zocrates, that it seemed like the sliders had no impact on most of the settings.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-24-2015, 08:00 PM   #12
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt10
I was hoping as well, just for something fresh. I do remember testing the same set up at one point when the OS Sliders were still on the split of Heisman/Varsity. The offense was the biggest culprit and you're right, Zocrates, that it seemed like the sliders had no impact on most of the settings.
I think I'm seeing the most separation between QB ability on Heisman/Freshman, but that's the level that the INT slider didn't seem to have any affect, even at 95. It makes a difference on Heisman/Varsity, but the separation isn't there. And I see almost no separation at all on anything higher.

As much as Heisman/Varsity isn't working the way I initially expected, I still think it performs the closest to the ratings out of all the difficulty level combinations on the default slider settings.
Old 11-25-2015, 10:12 AM   #13
Hall Of Fame

Playmakers's Arena

OVR: 40

Quote:
Originally Posted by wolverinemaniac
anyone that has tried these have any input?
I haven't because.....

I've just been playing with a CPU vs CPU Historic Team Dynasty file and to be honest I've experienced some amazing results by simply setting it at Varisty vs Varsity level.

I post game recaps in my dynasty thread and roster thread and the games have shown great variety

I absolutely love the game on this level for CPU vs CPU

Follow some the Greatest College Football players of All Time in NCAA Football 14
Old 11-25-2015, 02:08 PM   #14
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by zocrates
I think I'm seeing the most separation between QB ability on Heisman/Freshman, but that's the level that the INT slider didn't seem to have any affect, even at 95. It makes a difference on Heisman/Varsity, but the separation isn't there. And I see almost no separation at all on anything higher.

As much as Heisman/Varsity isn't working the way I initially expected, I still think it performs the closest to the ratings out of all the difficulty level combinations on the default slider settings.
I do think you're generally onto something here. I was having issues with balance while trying various slider sets here and in combination. After reading this topic, I tried switching to Heisman/Freshman and the games have been noticeably more competitive. I'm going to run a couple between Freshman and Varsity to see which comes out best.

EDIT: I've noticed a huge difference in sacks, which was my main issue before - the other team would hit double digit sacks on average. Now it's much more realistic between 1-4 a game.

Last edited by bridgesro; 11-25-2015 at 02:14 PM. Reason: More details
Old 11-25-2015, 04:06 PM   #15
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Playmakers
I haven't because.....

I've just been playing with a CPU vs CPU Historic Team Dynasty file and to be honest I've experienced some amazing results by simply setting it at Varisty vs Varsity level.

I post game recaps in my dynasty thread and roster thread and the games have shown great variety

I absolutely love the game on this level for CPU vs CPU
The stats from your alumni dynasty actually looks pretty good, but are you getting the same results with the default rosters, or with computer generated players several years into a dynasty? I'm not looking for sliders that will last 1 season and based on altered ratings. I'm looking for sliders that will work from the first year of a dynasty to the last.

I was actually surprised to see how accurate the QB TD totals were in your dynasty, but the INTs are pretty far off. You're supposed to average just about 1 INT per game per team, but you're averaging almost half that.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-26-2015, 02:30 PM   #16
Hall Of Fame

Playmakers's Arena

OVR: 40

Quote:
Originally Posted by zocrates
The stats from your alumni dynasty actually looks pretty good, but are you getting the same results with the default rosters, or with computer generated players several years into a dynasty? I'm not looking for sliders that will last 1 season and based on altered ratings. I'm looking for sliders that will work from the first year of a dynasty to the last.

I was actually surprised to see how accurate the QB TD totals were in your dynasty, but the INTs are pretty far off. You're supposed to average just about 1 INT per game per team, but you're averaging almost half that.
Sorry I really don't get into default rosters much anymore because they don't hold my attention span

Plus EA does a poor job of ratings players in terms of how things play out on the field....

But I do understand your point of wanting to have rosters that last for many dynasty years......

It's just that IMO you simply won't get the best possible gameplay unless you edit rosters.....that has been proven for quite a few years in both Madden and NCAA Football

Also, the Legendary QB's on my file all have very good awareness so they don't throw many picks but there are hundreds of lower rated QB's I created that have awareness in the 60's and 70's and in those games there are 1-3 picks being recorded.....

So awareness plays a huge factor in INT stats

Follow some the Greatest College Football players of All Time in NCAA Football 14

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football > NCAA Football Sliders »