Old 12-09-2015, 01:13 PM   #14
jello1717
MVP

jello1717's Arena

OVR: 16
Re: Recruiting house rules?

Quote:
Originally Posted by NKRDIBL
does anyone know how to avoid players getting scouting during the recruiting process. Every time I enter week one and I always have random players scouted. I thought there would have been a setting for this, and if there is, I cannot find it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mcfeenathan
Do not add players to your board until week one. It auto assigns any unused points when you advance the week. For the preseason, the only thing the points are for is scouting.
This isn't a great solution. If you add people to your board in week 1 and they're not interested, then you can't gain points on them. It doesn't matter if you spend 700 points or 0 points, you'll be trailing by the same amount in week 2. It's only after you're in his top 10 that your weekly points have affect.

The better solution is to add 20 guys you don't care about in the preseason, manually scout them all to use up your points, then remove them and add the guys you want.
Quote:
Originally Posted by mcfeenathan
No problem. It is also an issue late in the season if you are using signing restrictions, such as not being able to sign more recruits than the number of seniors leaving. The system will apply any remaining points toward recruits, so you have to remove the targets you cannot sign to keep them from being recruited.

If you're not using up all of your points, add some crappy 1* guys and max out their points, but don't offer them a scholly.
College #1: Michigan Wolverines
College #2: Michigan State Spartans (my alma mater)
College #3: North Carolina Tar Heels
NHL: Detroit Redwings