View Single Post
Old 12-14-2015, 02:52 PM   #221
doctorhay53
MVP

OVR: 9
Re: Mike Lowe Madden 2016 Sliders

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Lowe
"I don't always throw jump balls, but when I do, I throw them to Calvin Johnson Jr."

Ha, but honestly he'll catch 50% of them if they're close. I know Pettigrew has come down with one too. I really only make a throw when I'm confident the player will be absolutely open, so jump balls aren't a huge part of my game unless I'm near the goal line.

The AI defintely gets their share of them too.
I played a really tense game with these yesterday that included several nice deep plays by both teams. I just worry that not-really-tall guys won't catch enough of them with what I've seen so far.

I was able to get two guys behind the defense. On one play, Moncrief caught a deep ball on the tips of his fingers about 2 yards beyond cover-3 CB and Safety (it was a real thing of beauty). On the 2nd one I had a wide open receiver (no coverage within 10 yards) but it was overthrown by about a yard. I threw a jump ball for Andre Johnson in the endzone that he came up with, and the CPU threw a deep jump ball into the endzone that was caught. Vontae Davis had a ridiculous INT in zone coverage where he out-jumped and undercut a seam route. This goes along with several incompletions, but it felt very realistic.

In the game I played yesterday, I fell behind early, but hit a couple of those deep plays, and led 24-23 halfway through the third quarter. That would turn out to be the final score. They only needed a FG and I desperately wanted a TD, but in the end, it was a quarter-and-a-half of high-tension action. Very fun.
Advertisements - Register to remove