Old 12-18-2015, 02:37 PM   #252
Mike Lowe
All Star

Mike Lowe's Arena

OVR: 18
Re: Mike Lowe Madden 2016 Sliders

Quote:
Originally Posted by doctorhay53
Yes, I am noticing that super-simming is not really changing results all that much. I did find that I was getting better at returning kicks and punts than the CPU so maybe I will just not manually control the returners.
Yeah, I see better returns too, but I enjoy trying to break one, so I'll just deal with it. Not too different from the AI results.

Quote:
I do think there is a real effect on where punts get downed though. I see alot more punts that are downed by the coverage team. I think I can tell because the super-sim says the punt was returned for 0 yards by someone on the wrong team.
I'd agree with this. I agree when you said that EA has shown they simply aren't focused on special teams, however at least the ball does bounce a bit differently and will deaden itself when in previous games, this would never happen.

Quote:
Personally, I would say that I've gotten a little bit too good in the passing game, but it's right on that borderline where tinkering with it too much could break things. I've noticed that almost all pass deflections are dropped interceptions, and so by increasing reaction time or coverage, you could really run a risk of throwing turnovers out of whack, or have too many dropped interceptions that would change the feel of the game.
I agree 100%. I've thrown for 800+ yards and 7 TDs in my last two games. We're on a 6 game winning streak (Stafford does have 99 confidence, which I think only one other guy on the team does too). What about keeping things where they are at, but bumped up to All-Madden? Just a thought.

Quote:
Also, I finally saw a fumble by a non-QB, it was a strip of a TE who was RAC. I'm afraid that if you reduce fumbles any more, QBs will drop the ball every time they're hit. I've seen about 6 QB fumbles in 3 games. Is this something you're seeing?
That's funny, because I've seen the opposite. In two games since the switch, I've seen 2 fumbles, both my AI RBs. Stafford got sacked 4 times against the Raiders, and did not fumble lol. Through 11 weeks, the team leader in fumbles recovered is Cincy with 16.