Old 01-09-2016, 12:33 PM   #1572
Jarodd21
Hall Of Fame

Jarodd21's Arena

OVR: 42
Re: Jarodd21s Madden 16 All-Madden Sliders

Quote:
Originally Posted by jhigginsluckow
So I played a few games last night purely with your black set. I played the same game (SF v MIN) multiple times just to make sure I was getting consistent results. A few observations:

1 - First off, it's too hard for me lol. Last year I had to take your black set and make it even harder to give me a challenge in Madden 15. This year, major kudos to whoever can consistently beat the CPU with Jarodd's black set.

2 - Going off #1, Carlos Hyde averaged under 1 yard per carry over the set of 3 games I played. With run blocking at 0 as it shows in the OP, the Vikings defenders were routinely in my backfield before Hyde even got the ball. A few other times it didn't even give me time to give the handoff. I don't know if anyone else has had success with these settings, but I'd be really curious to know how you ran the ball haha.

3 - Passing-wise, Kaepernick had one out of the three games over 40% completion. The other two he was under 33%. However, a lot of this was due to large amounts of drops. One game we had 15.

4 - On defense, their air attack wasn't too out of line for me. 300-400 yards passing, but pass defense is typically my weakness while playing defense so I wasn't too upset about it. However, while I understand I was playing Adrian Peterson, he broke the yardage record twice out of the three games. Typically when I play, a running back will get one or two big runs to pad their stats because I misuse my safety and they cut it back, but I shut down the run game the rest of the time. With this set, Peterson probably had 3-4 big runs per game, and also got 6-7 yards on a usual basis.

3 games still isn't a huge sample size, and there are undoubtedly better Madden players than myself who maybe can use the black set. But I do consider myself a very good player against the CPU usually, and this set destroyed me haha.

After that, I used the blue set for a game. Still had an absurd amount of drops, and I had like 10 sacks on defense. So I'm going to make the trade of upping my catching slider to 50, while giving the CPU pass blocking a 10 point boost as well. That seems fair in my mind. I think I'm going to take that set and finally, FINALLY start my "for real" franchise. I've started over multiple times because I like everything uniform. I don't like playing 8 games and then a patch drops so it changes the gameplay. I don't like getting 6 games into the season and then realizing it's too easy so I just change the sliders mid season. I want everything to be the same throughout the course of my franchise, and I think I have the slider set I want to use for it. No 32 team, default roster as the 49ers. Should be a lot of fun.
Yeah if you definitely have to work your way up to the black set if you haven't been keeping up with it all year. There's no way you can jump straight into the black set. It took months for the black set to develop where they are at right now so the red or the blue set would definitely be a better spot for you to start with and work your way up if they become too easy..

That's crazy your guys were dropping passes like that. That doesn't happen to me like that. I'm guessing you have a few low rated guys and you are forcing passes into traffic with them. I don't think you needed to go too high with the USER catching slider. 45 would have been okay(I'll never go above 40). Your passing might become too easy by moving the catching to 50. The catching slider is very sensitive and you'll notice your players getting a lot of seperation and coming down with way too many spectacular catches with the catching slider that high. CPUs coverage becomes weak too.