Old 02-16-2016, 01:48 PM   #14
jello1717
MVP

jello1717's Arena

OVR: 16
Re: Issue with Formation Subs

Quote:
Originally Posted by jello1717
Maybe this is a playbook issue or something. I use a CPB that I always use every year w/o adding/removing formations.

Do you guys perhaps change your playbooks and/or add remove/formations (I'd guess specifically remove them)? Maybe you have formation A and have some subs for it. Then you change playbooks and you don't have formation A anymore. Then when you try to reset the subs, maybe the game can't find formation A anymore so it can't "remove" those formations subs so you're stuck with them.

If that's the case, then it seems like you could run out of formation subs if you keep removing formations before you reset your subs for them.

Obviously this is just a theory and if you always have the same PBs, then it doesn't apply anyway.
Theory busted....

I reset all formation subs to 50.
I make 44 subs, all in 3-4 formations.
I changed my coach philosophy to use a 4-3 PB instead (which of course has no 3-4 formations).
I then reset my subs. By my theory, since the game couldn't find any of the formations that had subs in it, it wouldn't be able to reset them so I'd only have 6 (50-44) subs available.
I was still able to make all 50 subs in my 4-3 formations.

EDIT:
I have no clue why the game behaves differently for you.
College #1: Michigan Wolverines
College #2: Michigan State Spartans (my alma mater)
College #3: North Carolina Tar Heels
NHL: Detroit Redwings