Old 02-18-2016, 05:47 PM   #22
Mattchu12
Pro

Mattchu12's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: OSFM 2016: New York Yankees

Quote:
Originally Posted by jkra0512
That's a good start for sure. What is your thought process with leaving Campos in A ball over, say, Delano in AA? One of my few changes would be to put Campos and Adams into the AA rotation and move Delano and Finley out.

I, too, like to get my prospects some regular ABs even if they doesn't match up with RL. Your AA lineup is prospect heaven, haha!! If that what was given to me, I would move Dermis Garcia down and wait for Mateo/Andujar to graduate before moving him back up, and even then you have Wilkerman Garcia to contend with.

I love these types of discussions
Honestly, it has to do more with me not being very high on Campos and thinking that he's probably a DFA candidate in the very near future while also thinking Degano could be one of the breakout guys in 2016. Campos has been hurt so much that if he wasn't on the 40-Man, he might not make the cut to make it into the game for me. If they put him into the bullpen full-time, that might change.

I could move the Double-A bench around quite a bit. Sometimes what I like to do is if there is an obvious natural platoon split, I'll do something with that to get everyone in the lineup. I also like to go through the MILB rosters a little closer to Opening Day and then add a few guys I think might jump to Triple-A from Double-A when certain guys are promoted (this was more last year when I thought Bird, Judge, Severino, Sanchez, etc. might get promoted. This year the obvious Triple-A promotions are outfielders and relievers and the Double-A roster can compliment that reasonably well as is.). That could knock some prospects down to Single-A as I'll want to fill out the whole 90-Man roster.

Some old favorites might jump in like Michael O'Neill, Dante Bichette, Jaron Long, Cito Culver, Jonathan Holder, Mark Montgomery, and Gosuke Katoh, though most of those guys will never get to the big leagues.