Old 04-25-2016, 07:42 PM   #46
DylPickle23
Rookie

DylPickle23's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: Franchise Notebook

Quote:
Originally Posted by oldtimey
I played MVP 2005 for five years, thanks to the community of mvpmods.com and all the third-party tools and add-ons. I have hardcopy summations of every franchise I have played from these great games since 1987(listed chronologically): Lance Haffner Full Count Baseball, Earl Weaver Baseball (5 seasons), Tony LaRussa 2, Tony LaRussa 3, Tony LaRussa 3-1996, Front Page Sports:Baseball, High Heat 2000, High Heat 2001 (5 seasons), MVP 2005 (5 seasons). Near the end of my MVP days, I started using Excel spreadsheet to keep my simming history, which continued with The Show 13 (2 seasons), to currently The Show 15 (2nd season). I play all my seasons day-to-day in real time, featuring all 30 teams by playing a series, cpu-v-cpu, in each ballpark at least once. I also watch every postseason game. I will buy The Show 16 at the end of the season, download a final roster update in September and play Hot Stove over the winter until spring training 2017. I only play 1st year franchise because I am never happy with player progression or the way retirements are handled leading to a franchise year 2. If I am happy with the iteration of the game I currently own, I don't mind waiting to buy, or even missing a newer version of the game.

I used to help with some of the roster ratings in some of the projects in MVP05', I still have that game installed with about 4 or 5 different conversion packs on my laptop. Makes me want to play it now.