Home

Franchise Notebook

This is a discussion on Franchise Notebook within the MLB The Show forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 04-24-2016, 02:38 PM   #41
MVP

Jeffrey Smith's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: Franchise Notebook

Man, you guys are hardcore.

My kids make fun of me because my love for The Show. I don't think I would hear the end of it if I kept notebooks full of fictional stats.
NBA: TORONTO RAPTORS
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-24-2016, 02:43 PM   #42
*ll St*r

Knight165's Arena

OVR: 56

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeffrey Smith

My kids make fun of me because my love for The Show. I don't think I would hear the end of it if I kept notebooks full of fictional stats.
Well...they are real stats and records....just from a fictional baseball universe(of sorts.....actually a parallel baseball universe as it's real players and teams!)

....and kids.....like the ones who are going to post on FB their every move and what they about to eat for the never ending diary that nobody cares about!!!?!!!

M.K.
Knight165
Old 04-24-2016, 02:46 PM   #43
MVP

Jeffrey Smith's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Knight165
Well...they are real stats and records....just from a fictional baseball universe(of sorts.....actually a parallel baseball universe as it's real players and teams!)

....and kids.....like the ones who are going to post on FB their every move and what they about to eat for the never ending diary that nobody cares about!!!?!!!

M.K.
Knight165
Yeah your right.
NBA: TORONTO RAPTORS
Old 04-24-2016, 04:17 PM   #44
Expletive Deleted

Ghost Of The Year's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeffrey Smith

Man those are top secret, you don't let just anyone know they exist.
If those fall into the wrong hands, well let's just say, didn't we learn anything from The Great Cardinals-Astros Database Hack?
Loose lips sinks ships & kids spill the beans the most.
#44Syracuse
Old 04-25-2016, 11:16 AM   #45
Rookie

Ranger Fan's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by milldaddy35
Interesting. What do you guys do with these?
Good reading material when you go to the bathroom. Look back at past seasons, pick out lineup strategies. Hey we all have to go might as well have some usefull reading material present
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-25-2016, 07:42 PM   #46
Rookie

DylPickle23's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by oldtimey
I played MVP 2005 for five years, thanks to the community of mvpmods.com and all the third-party tools and add-ons. I have hardcopy summations of every franchise I have played from these great games since 1987(listed chronologically): Lance Haffner Full Count Baseball, Earl Weaver Baseball (5 seasons), Tony LaRussa 2, Tony LaRussa 3, Tony LaRussa 3-1996, Front Page Sports:Baseball, High Heat 2000, High Heat 2001 (5 seasons), MVP 2005 (5 seasons). Near the end of my MVP days, I started using Excel spreadsheet to keep my simming history, which continued with The Show 13 (2 seasons), to currently The Show 15 (2nd season). I play all my seasons day-to-day in real time, featuring all 30 teams by playing a series, cpu-v-cpu, in each ballpark at least once. I also watch every postseason game. I will buy The Show 16 at the end of the season, download a final roster update in September and play Hot Stove over the winter until spring training 2017. I only play 1st year franchise because I am never happy with player progression or the way retirements are handled leading to a franchise year 2. If I am happy with the iteration of the game I currently own, I don't mind waiting to buy, or even missing a newer version of the game.

I used to help with some of the roster ratings in some of the projects in MVP05', I still have that game installed with about 4 or 5 different conversion packs on my laptop. Makes me want to play it now.
Old 04-25-2016, 09:30 PM   #47
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by DylPickle23
I used to help with some of the roster ratings in some of the projects in MVP05', I still have that game installed with about 4 or 5 different conversion packs on my laptop. Makes me want to play it now.
If it wasn't for Mvpmods.com, I would have stopped playing MVP Baseball 2005 when my Cubs were something like 71-20 in July. It was way too easy to out-manage the CPU in franchise manage-only mode. I was about to give up on when I discovered the website and was introduced to the many tools and utilities, including the Team Changer, which allowed me to switch teams and have something of a 30-team control. One of my oddest quirks: I played MVP for 5 seasons, and now into my 4th season with The Show series, and I have yet to see a no-hitter. There have a few in sim games, but I have never seen one. And I watch a game each day from somewhere in the MLB, as well as watch every playoff game. Been close, though.
Old 04-25-2016, 10:56 PM   #48
Rookie

OVR: 2

I only play one out of every 5 games rotating through my pitching staff then I play every playoff game. I keep an excel spreadsheet of every game that I actually play so I am able to separate their stats out to know who I am effective with regardless of their season totals. It is pretty cool to see exactly what you contributed to their season totals. This also helps me figure out who to trade/keep. For example last year I was terrible with Stanton but he had MVP type numbers. I knew he would be a hole in my lineup come playoff time so I traded him for a guy who I could hit with better.

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show »