Old 04-27-2016, 08:55 AM   #34
CarolinaBlue02
Rookie

CarolinaBlue02's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: #OSFM V2.2 40-Man

Quote:
Originally Posted by JHedges2
I'd like to know this as well as I am a bit confused on how to set this thing up re: 40 or 25 man, and which is preferable w/ 30 team control.

I'm looking to keep things as realistic as possible--but they don't have to remain accurate to real life (if that makes sense). I basically want to be able to step in and prevent/reverse any stupid crap done by the CPU but really just 'control' 1 team.
If you use a 40 man roster before you play/sim spring training then the computer will choose who they feel are the best 25 guys on the team and you will see lineups/rotations way out of whack.

I would suggest using a 25 man roster, sim spring training, then add the rest of the 15 guys to each roster before you start the regular season. This will keep rotations/lineups intact. This would especially be beneficial if you are using 30 team control.

I manually injure players who are hurt in real life. I do add them to the 40 man unless they are out for the year. Also, I would suggest turning CPU trades to OFF. You can control trades so if something happens in real life you could just input in the game manually.