View Single Post
Old 05-06-2016, 07:24 PM   #442
thejudicata
Rookie

OVR: 0
Re: NHL 16 Available Today For Xbox One & PlayStation 4, Post Your Impressions

Quote:
Originally Posted by jyoung
Yes, I stopped playing this game two months ago, mostly due to the dumb AI behavior at all three positions (forward, defense, goalie), limited defensive controls, not enough motion-captured animations in all phases of the game, wacky puck physics, and poor collision detection between every single limb and object on the ice.

The Stanley Cup Playoffs got me to boot up NHL 16 again this week, and already, I am ready to put this game away again for a long time.

The gameplay can still be fun when you have 4 or more human players on your team to limit (or with a team of 6, entirely eliminate) the AI's shenanigans. But 1 vs. 1 or 1 vs. CPU, this game is just unplayable for me when even a player like Shea Weber with 90+ defensive awareness will ignore the "collapsing" defense setting I've turned on and leave a man wide open in front of the net to come double team a skater that's already being smothered.

The reason Weber went over was because the AI read that the other defenseman (the one you were controlling) was out of the play. So the AI charged over to fill the gap.

Really what they need is a strategy/setting that can affect the defenseman there to cover the pass v. let the shooter skate in