View Single Post
Old 05-19-2016, 04:32 PM   #1
Matty_Ice_125
Rookie

OVR: 0
Breaking Through!! A Ottawa Senators Be a GM

Breaking Through

Since there formation in 1992 the Senators have almost been a mainstay in the Playoffs. After not making the Playoffs in there first four season of existence they have been in them 15 of the last 19 years, but like the San Jose Sharks they may be great in the regular season that hasn't translated to winning in the postseason.

New GM Ready to Win

The Senators have made unknown Matt Weber as the teams new GM. "I was surprised to get a call and get a chance to sit and chat with owner Eugene Melnyk. I told him I do think this team can win now but i also sold him on my idea of how to keep depth in your system to have success year after year. The Detroit Red Wings are successful every year but why. Because they are always grooming there star players replacement. When Yzerman or Lindstom retired they already had the guys ready to replace them so they would not miss a beat. I plan on getting quantity in the draft and developing that talent so if i have to make a tough decision to let someone go I know we will be able to recover right away." said Weber.

The owner most have liked what he heard because by the time the meeting was over with Weber was just waiting for the contract to be written up.

First Move already for Weber

Weber made his mark early with the trade of Borowiecki to the Jets for a (16) 5th round pick

That trade was to get a pick but also to free up the contract space needed to sign Alexander Semin. Semin gives the Senators just a little more offence.

Now that moves have been made the team is looking forward to the start of what is hoping to be a playoff year with a road game against the Sabres.
Advertisements - Register to remove