Old 05-31-2016, 12:50 PM   #23
Cyborg_Jets
Rookie

Cyborg_Jets's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: New Tackle Battle GIF

Quote:
Originally Posted by CM Hooe
At the same time, real-life football coaches also aren't in the business of selling retail products to consumers who lack intimate knowledge of the subject matter.

Catchy names such as "Tackle Battles" are meant as attention grabbers aimed at the Johnny Walmarts of the world, not at the armchair quarterbacks who are part of the core audience and are already buying Madden regardless.

Generally speaking, the concern over tackle battles is kinda mystifying to me, but what do I know.
It sounds cheesy in theory. This first gif doesn't look great. The next thing will be seeing gameplay.. and then finally playing it ourselves.

Everyone is just going by past experiences.. When things have sounded gimmicky or cheesy in the may/june rollout stage.. most of the time they have ended up being on the lame side. (Not every time obviously.. but there are a lot of examples in maddens history. (game flow, pro tak, fight for the fumble..etc.)

I still very much trust this dev team however. Im hoping clint is right and we will like the tackle battles.