View Single Post
Old 06-15-2016, 07:34 PM   #9
Mike7Vinas
Rookie

OVR: 0
Re: What does the future hold? NFL Simulation League

Path to the Draft

Bethune-Cookman usually isn't known for its football squad. In fact, only one player currently in the NFL is a Bethune-Cookman alumni (Eric Weems, WR-Falcons).

But as of last season the Wildcats have emerged as a powerhouse in the Football Championship Subdivision (FCS) winning the national championship dethroning former juggernaut North Dakota State. The Wildcats are highly favored to repeat as champions. Two players from that championship team have drawn interest form multiple NFL scouts and have been placed in the first round of almost every mock draft.

Receiver Taani Narcisse is a freak of nature standing 6'1" with an extensive track background including winning the National Title in the 100 meter, a pure speed event. His unofficial 40-yard dash time was recorded at a 4.16... Yes you read that right, a 4.16. That would be the fastest recorded 40 time in combine history. Taani is the #1 ranked WR and is projected as the #3 overall pick. He has above average hands and he tears apart double coverage like nobody I've ever seen. He's the reigning FCS returner of the year as he posted an insane 5 kick return touchdowns last season, two coming in Bethune-Cookman's semi-final matchup against Yale. He's rated as the best player on many draft boards and depending on the team I wouldn't be surprised if he went #1.

Quarterback Craig Jones who is on pace to break a long list of FCS records is the #3 ranked quarterback in the draft and is projected as the 8th pick in the 1st round. He is a dual-threat quarterback and is a defensive coordinators worst nightmare. He can thread the needle when needed and when the pocket breaks down he can use his elusiveness to escape and make positive gains out of thin air. He's a quarterback that can fit in almost any teams game plan as his offense has been switched twice in his tenure at BC.

These Wildcats still have some work to do, in their opener they downed #4 ranked Florida State 40-39 in four overtimes. A failed two-point conversion ended it but Jones and Narcisse hooked up 12 times for 169 yards and 3 scores. That's the biggest win in Bethune-Cookman history by far but I don't think it'll be the last time they'll drop an FBS school as they take on #11 Notre Dame next week.

Last edited by Mike7Vinas; 06-17-2016 at 12:47 AM.