View Single Post
Old 07-13-2016, 08:00 AM   #15
capa
Banned

OVR: 21
Re: Turn Back the Clock: 1985

Quote:
Originally Posted by doncropper
For sure more Classic parks would be Great ! Astrodome & Ebbets Field would be my 1st two choices.

Top of my wish list is the ability to switch Leagues between the Astros & Brewers.

I really don't mind, and in fact kind of enjoy, having the non existent teams in the League as I fill them with players that didn't see much action with their real teams that season.

But Actually IF they would provide, which would not be a difficult task at all, the ability to transfer Roster Files from version to version then I would consider it a complete product worth purchasing each year.
Don,

Your last sentence is the one that I just don't understand how and why SDS does not provide this. It is such a simple concept and simple technically. It is file and db management and they just choose not to do it. It would take a developer all of 1/2 day to write code to do this. I know the next year will have additional fields that they put in for player attributes database. No biggie. Include them in the data import and make them all a standard value that the user can then edit to what they want.

For example, if a new field is introduced next year for, let's say, languages spoken (silly, I know)...then in the player data import shell just include the field and put the standard value of "English" in...or whatever. We could then change it. This way, the new version would bring forward all previous data as well as have the new fields available that would be included in the new version of the game.

That's all it really is...but they choose not to consider.

C
Advertisements - Register to remove