Home

Turn Back the Clock: 1985

This is a discussion on Turn Back the Clock: 1985 within the MLB The Show Rosters forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Rosters
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-07-2016, 02:33 PM   #9
*ll St*r

Knight165's Arena

OVR: 56
Re: Turn Back the Clock: 1985

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ebpmd
What will you be doing with the non existent teams?
Generic players.
I really don't like to populate them with any real players or teams.
Sucks we can't customize the league...but I try to make them a non factor without making them too much fodder for the real teams.

M.K.
Knight165
Old 07-11-2016, 07:08 PM   #10
MVP

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Knight165
Generic players.
I really don't like to populate them with any real players or teams.
Sucks we can't customize the league...but I try to make them a non factor without making them too much fodder for the real teams.

M.K.
Knight165
All you can do really, to basically use them as a tool for better sim stats.
I am building a website that will host classic sport gaming rosters from years past. We have lost many great rosters for good over the past several years due to expired links. If your interested in contributing, please PM me and let the work live on forever!
Old 07-12-2016, 06:13 AM   #11
Pro

OVR: 0

Too bad we don't have one or two cookie-cutter astroturf stadiums to choose from, even if they were generic...
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-12-2016, 01:57 PM   #12
*ll St*r

Knight165's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by JTommy67
Too bad we don't have one or two cookie-cutter astroturf stadiums to choose from, even if they were generic...
Yeah...a few would be nice....an Astrodome type....a Vet.....a Tiger stadium type and a Candlestick knock off.

M.K.
Knight165
Old 07-12-2016, 08:49 PM   #13
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Knight165
Yeah...a few would be nice....an Astrodome type....a Vet.....a Tiger stadium type and a Candlestick knock off.

M.K.
Knight165

I'm really thankful for the classic parks I just wish they would have given us the Metrodome old Yankee Stadium and Shea from previous games as well
Old 07-12-2016, 09:25 PM   #14
MVP

For sure more Classic parks would be Great ! Astrodome & Ebbets Field would be my 1st two choices.

Top of my wish list is the ability to switch Leagues between the Astros & Brewers.

I really don't mind, and in fact kind of enjoy, having the non existent teams in the League as I fill them with players that didn't see much action with their real teams that season.

But Actually IF they would provide, which would not be a difficult task at all, the ability to transfer Roster Files from version to version then I would consider it a complete product worth purchasing each year.
Old 07-13-2016, 08:00 AM   #15
Banned

OVR: 21

Quote:
Originally Posted by doncropper
For sure more Classic parks would be Great ! Astrodome & Ebbets Field would be my 1st two choices.

Top of my wish list is the ability to switch Leagues between the Astros & Brewers.

I really don't mind, and in fact kind of enjoy, having the non existent teams in the League as I fill them with players that didn't see much action with their real teams that season.

But Actually IF they would provide, which would not be a difficult task at all, the ability to transfer Roster Files from version to version then I would consider it a complete product worth purchasing each year.
Don,

Your last sentence is the one that I just don't understand how and why SDS does not provide this. It is such a simple concept and simple technically. It is file and db management and they just choose not to do it. It would take a developer all of 1/2 day to write code to do this. I know the next year will have additional fields that they put in for player attributes database. No biggie. Include them in the data import and make them all a standard value that the user can then edit to what they want.

For example, if a new field is introduced next year for, let's say, languages spoken (silly, I know)...then in the player data import shell just include the field and put the standard value of "English" in...or whatever. We could then change it. This way, the new version would bring forward all previous data as well as have the new fields available that would be included in the new version of the game.

That's all it really is...but they choose not to consider.

C
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-13-2016, 08:52 AM   #16
*ll St*r

Knight165's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by capa
Don,

Your last sentence is the one that I just don't understand how and why SDS does not provide this. It is such a simple concept and simple technically. It is file and db management and they just choose not to do it. It would take a developer all of 1/2 day to write code to do this. I know the next year will have additional fields that they put in for player attributes database. No biggie. Include them in the data import and make them all a standard value that the user can then edit to what they want.

For example, if a new field is introduced next year for, let's say, languages spoken (silly, I know)...then in the player data import shell just include the field and put the standard value of "English" in...or whatever. We could then change it. This way, the new version would bring forward all previous data as well as have the new fields available that would be included in the new version of the game.

That's all it really is...but they choose not to consider.

C
I'm not sure where you got the idea they don't want to consider it.
They actually already have....and it might even be on the plate for '17 I would think.

M.K.
Knight165

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Rosters »