View Single Post
Old 07-18-2016, 01:59 PM   #41
bucky60
Banned

OVR: 5
Re: Connected Franchise Mode: A Rebuild

Quote:
Originally Posted by CM Hooe
Whether there is crossover between the audiences is not the point. My point is that the general audiences for Madden / NBA / MLB isn't as knowledgable on what the NFL is and how it works as you, me, or anyone else here on this forum is.
Wouldn't this logic need to be true for NBA2K and The Show? Don't they need to be attractive to the general audience? Yet they still have more authentic/realistic franchise modes.

Quote:
Madden isn't special because it is a football video game, and there are certain components of video game design which are universal. If you want to argue that a video game doesn't need to engage its audience with engaging mechanics and strong feedback loops (which, to be clear, NBA 2K and MLB The Show both do this but in different ways), be my guest, but you voluntarily disqualify yourself from any serious conversation on this topic by doing so.
I'm not arguing that you don't need to engage the audience or that engaging mechanics are not important. My point is that both NBA2K and The Show have very engaging mechanics AND their franchises are much more authentic to their sport. That's not a difficult concept to understand. Either you are completely ignoring the point, or you are just having a very difficult time understanding it.

Quote:
This isn't a "with you or against you" issue. What I offered was constructive criticism for Deuce to help him make his idea better from the perspective of someone who actually makes video games and gets paid for it. Whether he values that feedback, who knows, but forgive me for offering him feedback to help him make his good ideas better because I am not going to apologize for doing so.
His "good ideas better" is somewhat subjective. I'm not looking for you to apologize, just to recognize that NBA2K and The Show franchises work and are much more authentic than Madden, and could also work in Madden.
Advertisements - Register to remove