View Single Post
Old 08-19-2016, 12:57 AM   #6
KWilliams2003
Rookie

KWilliams2003's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: Way Too Early Madden 17 Sliders!! 15 Minute Quarters (All Pro)

Thanks for the sliders! I find myself to be in great agreement with these and I've had some good games and I've had some plays that 9/10 don't get made because of them. But, I do made a few tweaks and they play very well.

I upped the human catching back to 55. Too many easy catches that an NFL receiver would make and a defensive back wouldn't make were happening. So, with that adjustment, guys that would more often than not make a catch are but DB's with good position are also still making plays on it. As a result, if your receiver is prone to win the battle between him and his defender, more often than not he will. Dez Bryant taking on Josh Norman would be a toss up very often. Dez Bryant taking on Joe Schmo... well, that's going to be ugly.

I upped nearly all the penalties five points with the exception of illegal block in the back. I dropped it back to fifty. Holding calls will happen on plays that you know the edge was set up way too easily. Might get away with one too.

Injuries down to 60. Four injuries per game sounded a bit much.

Now, the player speed parity slider... I usually play at 0 but I set it to 15. I like to see the CPU try and take advantage of the adage "Speed kills." With it at 0, boy did they. It's just how I play. Having it at 25 showed that a guy who will get dusted every day somehow making a play downfield consistently. So, I dropped it to 15 and found a mean number for both. You can beat a guy deep but there's also a fair chance that he can recover from it.

The run game is very much dependent on who you play. I played the Raiders and got stifled pretty well across any runs in the box. Played the Dolphins and the edge is very much where I assassinated them.

Passing game was actually very well executed. The defense is largely based on what kind of game you play and how well your personnel line up against them. I've had plays go long and get ripped apart and short passes feel like they can't be stopped.

Overall, I love the impressions and there's more tuning we can do. It's a great baseline!