View Single Post
Old 08-19-2016, 10:30 PM   #13
harryl
MVP

OVR: 0
Re: Just played a guy Hersch03 on Xbox....

Quote:
Originally Posted by phriscaul
i dont think you understand. he knew that when he doubled, when he triggered certain animations, he could strip the ball, almost every time, and there was nothing you could do about it. this is an exploit. from this exploit, he knew you'd try to pass early so he'd spam steal at the nearest guy on a switch when he saw you back away from the double. its all predicated on the initial exploit.
Except that simply calling a double-team does not immediately trigger a jump ball or strip animation.

If one is used to dealing with the pressure of a double-team, it's not very easy to lock you up with a double-team. Especially with guys with the Championship DNA badge.

Quote:
and then further, on outlet passes, 2K doesnt allow variety in the passing on outlets. when a big gets the rebound and your guard leaks out for the outlet, you have to make the pass......or dribble up the floor with your big which nobody does even in real life. he spams steal as the camera is rotating on the possession change bc he knows there is only one type of pass to be made and u cant get the ball up the floor. this is also an exploit.
It's not simply an "exploit" because:

1. It can easily be avoided. You dribble up with your big at least enough to have an open pass recipient. You don't have to fast break. And even if you set PoE to fast break, at the moment you can pass from your big after grabbing a board, it's rare that all your non-bigs have streaked out to "outlet pass" territory.

2. It would take some serious skill in timing to consistently intercept passes.

Quote:
his entire game was predicated on exploits. the reason i beat him, was because i was forced to play 3 steps faster than any should have to play and all of the exploits turned into badly timed steal attempts. but it took me an entire half to get acclimated to what i was seeing and figure out how to combat this.
Yeah, exactly. They weren't exploits because they could be themselves exploited.

It's a very annoying playing style to face. It's very effective if one doesn't have the skill to adapt or doesn't yet know how to adapt.