View Single Post
Old 08-27-2016, 06:53 PM   #1
SyncereBlackout
Rookie

SyncereBlackout's Arena

OVR: 0
Madden CFM Owner Mode Suggestions

After reading another post here on the differences between Owner and Coach Mode in Madden 17. tl;dr: "Really in owner mode you're adding all the financial stuff, plus the ability to hire a staff and fire your coach (In Soviet Russia the Owner Fires You)....I really don't care about managing hot dog prices, but on the other hand, I do like the idea of getting to hire/fire."

I put together some thoughts/ideas on how to make Owner Mode more meaningful and wanted to open the floor to additional suggestions/ideas in hopes that all/some or at a minimum something can be done to make owner mode as in depth as coach mode has become (comparing M16 to M17).

Owners: The owner’s goal is to build a dynasty (i.e. Robert Kraft). Their measure in doing so is Super Bowls and Hall of Fame inducted players. Utilizing the existing GM Selection framework allow the initial funds to hire a front office/staff. The first big decision of the new owner is whether to keep the existing front office or, hire a new one. Potential GM Types could be:
  • Former Player – Increased Likelihood that Former Players Become Coaches
  • Lifetime Fan – Increased Fan Attendance
  • Mogul – Increased $$

Potential Owner Goals (Annual)
  • Win Local TV Contracts
  • Stadium Naming Rights
  • Stadium Upgrades
  • Attendance Records
  • Sales Goals (Jerseys)

Owner Responsibilities
  • Owner has the ability to hire all staff positions (GM; Head Coach; Assistant Coaches; Scouts; Trainers)
  • If a player plays as a coach, they may suggest 3 GM’s but the owner will decide the GM based on the Job security level of the head coach (Can discuss this mechanism in depth if needed)
  • Please re-work the Media Question mechanic so that it becomes a mid-season goal/objective for one (but not all) of the following front office persons if they failed they are on track to fail one of the season goals GM; HC; or Assistant Coaches; Trainers & Scouts

General Managers: The GMs goal is to build the team, manage the team’s finances and provide the head coach with the tools he needs to be successful. The success of the GM is based on roster development and retention as the final decision on roster moves.

Potential GM Goals
  • Obtain Certain Player (via draft or Free Agency)
  • Obtain Certain Draft Pick
  • Resign a Superstar or Loyal Player (Player who has completed 5 or more seasons with the team)

The GM should be able to hire
  • Trainer
  • Scout
  • Head Coach (if playing as Coach Skip to HC Section. Coaches can upgrade GM’s based on XP earned but not select GM goals. These should be randomized)
  • GM Has the ability to gain additional information on Rookies via expanding the information available to the scout through:
  • Attending Pro Days
  • Inviting Players to Individual Workouts
  • Attending College Senior Bowl
  • GM’s Can Suggest Draft Picks
  • Reallocate Coach Re-signing Traits to GM
  • Media Questions Answered by GM Impact Coach/Scouting/Trainer Goals (act as a multiplier on season goal XP Gains)
Head Coach: As is with the addition of Assistant Coaches. Assistant coaches are discussed below.

Potential Head Coach Goals
  • Wins
  • Playoff Berth / Success
  • HC Selects Assist Coach Goals
  • HC Goals should be Season goals; however, Asst. Coach Goals should be weekly
  • Asst. Coaches “come” with their own playbook.
  • For example, hiring an Offensive Coordinator who was previously with Arizona, would change the team’s playbook to Arizona.
  • Users should be able to control the playbook used to play the game; however, Asst. Coach goals should be tied to their playbook (i.e. an Asst. Coach tied to a Power Run Offense has a weekly goal to average 100 rushing yards per game, or give 15 touches to HB1 and 10 touches to HB2)
  • If players use a Custom Playbook Asst. Coaches, then goals are can be based on the scheme set by the coach or game plan.
Team Scout: Potential Scout Goals (all Draft Based)
  • Do not select a player with XYZ in rounds 1-3
  • Late Round Player selected makes an All Season Team
  • UDFA makes Active Roster
  • First Round Pick is ROY

Scout Talents/Upgrades Impact
  • # of and scope of Traits visible
  • # of Pro Days you can attend
  • # of Individual Workouts Available
  • Information Available on UDFA

IMO I think Trainers should be eliminated. Fold their utility/purpose into the GM or Head Coach.

NY Jets
NY Yankees
NY Rangers
Florida Gators
Advertisements - Register to remove