View Single Post
Old 08-27-2016, 10:55 PM   #37
Chemthethriller
Pro

OVR: 0
Re: Formatted List of Attributes and Cards as seen in "Prelude" trailer

Quote:
Originally Posted by poetinjune
Cautiously optimistic about this system.

Like PatsCards87 mentioned, it all depends on what the numerical rating (25-99) is for the bars.

In 2k16, a small forward with a maxed out 20 bars in playmaking had ball control in the 60s. IN THE 60s. With maxed out athleticism, speed was in the high 60s to low 70s.

If that's the case for say, slasher sf in 2k17, where an investment of 25 bars for agility means speed in the 60s,70s, and layups/dunks maxed means layup 83, we've got a problem here.

But, and I am hoping 2k got this right, 25 bars for agility means speed 94, 99, and layups/dunks maxed means 94, 99, then I am all in, because then the slasher playstyle (or any playstyle really) has serious strengths and serious weaknesses.

Slasher's key strengths would be blinding speed and amazing finishing ability, especially in comparison to other SF's in the game (Lebron, I believe, has a speed in the 80s in 2k16). Key weaknesses would be no 3 pointer, weak post scoring, and average defense. And I think that's fair, and would make the mode more like an rpg, where a character such as a dps excels at dealing damage but is weak in taking damage.

On the other hand, if the system is like 2k16, where maxed out bars only lead to attributes in the 70s, well then. But I'm cautiously optimistic for now.

TLDR: Hyped about attribute caps, but only if maxed out bars is in the 90, 95 range.
It wouldn't make sense to have it any other way than a mid to high 90s for 25 stat attributes... If not the only viable position would be a PG.