View Single Post
Old 08-29-2016, 10:49 AM   #7
Bootzilla
MVP

OVR: 12
Re: Running Game Too Easy?

Sliders are fine and all but there is something fundamentally flawed in how the cpu is defending the run game. Blocking aside, they are taking woefully bad angles and not properly executing their run fits. Especially the linebackers.They are not flowing to the ball. I'm able to shred Keuchly and T. Davis with simple counters and blow by them with ease.

The plan could not have been to allow users to run for 200 yards a game. I haven't had rushing totals this high since Sega Genesis (Madden 94). The worse was Gio Bernard having 236 yards on 10 carries at the half vs the Cardinals.

In 10 full games (8 all-pro, 2 all-madden default everything) I have had only one game where I did not break a long run (Colts, F. Gore). Every other game I have at least broken one run of over 40 yards. Most games I have multiple big gains. Several over 50. A couple of 70 plus runs on the first play of a drive starter. A 98 yard run when pinned on a punt. I had two 70 plus yard TD runs with G. Bernard (Bengals) vs the Cards and J. Hill had a 60 yarder. I'm piling up big runs like I'm Nebraska in the 80's.

I'm not a stick jockey by any stretch. I'm an old guy and my fast twitch ain't what it used to be. I try to play fundamental smart football.

Hopefully this along with cpu playcalling (mix it up!!! 4 verts every 3rd and long) and cpu QB scrambles get fixed soon (remember having to dedicate a spy and fearing running QBs?) because the release is so close to NBA 2K that it gets shelved while waiting on patches/tuners and I end up losing interest only to pick it up later just to sim through CFMs.