Old 08-31-2016, 02:26 AM   #379
JoshC1977
All Star

JoshC1977's Arena

OVR: 5
Re: JoshC1977's M17 Sliders

Quote:
Originally Posted by KingV2k3
This happened last year on any setting I used in CFM from 51-54...

They came in bunches or not at all...

It'll be interesting to see what a larger sample tells, but I'd leave it at 51 / accumulate a decent sample and then either leave it alone or go with 50 or even 52...

Higher = Mo Better (IMHO) with regard to them "exploring options" (secondary receivers / checkdowns / scramble) after vetting the "red route"...

Too low and they just stubbornly stick to the play, often to their detriment...

It's ALMOST like some of the effects of the former IG slider got folded into this one...

#balancingact
It's funny...the one thing I HATE is watching the CPU constantly go to checkdowns. You said "balancing act" and you're dead-on....it's one reason I historically have loathed touching the RTP slider. But I have to confess, this setting is working out nicely....if their primary is open, they throw it to them. If not, they look to other guys. Once in a while I have seen even aggressive QBs check down when they "shouldn't"...but it isn't constant enough to be annoying.

FWIW, the functionality of the old IG slider is now wrapped into "defensive holding". It controls the jam at the LOS and the WR/DB interaction (the old IG did the same). In older EA games where QB aggression was crappy (looking at you, NCAA 14), I actually turned it off. Funny that we now use it (when it works) to disrupt that timing to deflate the passing game a tad.