Old 09-01-2016, 09:55 PM   #92
D81SKINS
MVP

D81SKINS's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: Playmakers Madden 17 Pro level sliders

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmik58
I'm quoting my original message above for context...

I tried the same matchup with me as the Chiefs vs. Steelers, using the Version 1 sliders and the only adjustment was bumping up run blocking to "10" and changing Speed Parity to "75." Instead of getting tackled in the backfield immediately every run play I was able to get about 20 yards total on 15 carries for the game. The same insta-block shed issue kept happening but it was at the LOS instead of behind it. Charles had one run of 9-yards, but other than that they were all stuffed at the line or gains of 1 or 2. I'm going to bump the Run Blocking slider to "35" for the next game and see how that goes.

I finished out the entire game and was able to pull out a 34-32 win, but I had some interesting observations that I think are worth watching as I move forward.

- Le'Veon Bell carried the ball 17 times for 270 yards. He had 14 broken tackles and 240 yards-after-contact. He either went down immediately or broke 3 tackles for a 20+ yard gain. The first play of the game was an 82-yard run up the gut with 9-year olds bouncing off him
. Needless to say, the HUM tackle slider is getting bumped. I'll try it at "35" from where it is now ("0" I think?).

- The lack of a running game forced me to pass close to 60 times, but as a West Coast team the short passing game is just an extension of the run game for the most part. What I noticed is that the Steelers D didn't really adjust to that. I was constantly running crossing routes, outs and throwing to the flats. Maybe they were content with that, but they realistically should have ran more Cover 2 and less Man/Cov 3/Cov 4. I'll chalk it up to the type of thing that happens in real life, but it's worth watching.

- There was essentially no pass pressure at all, which I'm not sure what to do about since the Pass Block slider is already at "0" for HUM and CPU. Even with Justin Houston I was only able to get off my blocker 2 or 3 times the entire game. The only sacks were coverage sacks where the QB stood in the pocket for what seemed like 10 seconds.

- Roethlisberger had a sub-average game overall. He threw 2 picks and only 1 TD (to Bell out of the backfield). KC only has one good M2M cover guy (Peters) so I stuck in zone most of the game. Despite not getting any pressure there just was no consistency from the Steelers through the air, which is incredibly surprising. I'm not ready to change anything, but once again it's worth watching.

- The Speed Parity bump to 75 was really nice. I was a little shocked that Bell didn't get run down on his initial TD scamper of 82-yards, but I didn't think guys were skating around. There was clearly separation from fast guys and acceleration clearly showed. At one point I had Conley (93 spd?) against a linebacker in the slot and his agility/acceleration really shined on a medium post route. Albert Wilson had a long run after catch and also a KO return -- both times he was pushed out around the 10-yard line by a DB in pursuit. So speed still matters, definitely, but I'm a big fan of the higher threshold/parity at the "slow" speed.
Well the R-Blk slider worked.
Also by increasing the tackle slider, that improves pursuit, blk shedding and tackling!

Whats higher threshold(75) doing for you?

Last edited by D81SKINS; 09-01-2016 at 09:59 PM.