View Single Post
Old 09-04-2016, 01:48 PM   #306
Aestis
AWFL Commish

Aestis's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: TDawg's Madden 17 XP Sliders

This is incredible work tdawg, thank you for putting some quantifiable #s behind this.

That said, I have extreme reservations about this set for an online league. I highly advise any league commissioners to think twice before using tdawg's set. I have a strong feeling that things will get way out of whack by season 3.

The reality is that how 32 CPU teams progress their players in a sim year is completely different form how 32 humans do it and often tends to minimize progression of their best players. They also spend XP much differently. As such, ignoring anyone below 85 OVR is going to be absurdly dangerous for gameplay balance in an online CFM.

Not trying to rain on anyone's picnic, this seems like a great set to achieve a certain distribution of OVRs in a solo franchise with 31 CPUs. That's what was tested and that's what it's optimized for. But as I said... from my experience in online leagues & seeing how these sliders work for a human, I would highly advise not using these inflated XP sliders unless you are okay with much higher levels of talent in the league.

Commissioner
After Work Football League
(Xbox Series S/X)
AWFL Discord
AWFL Daddyleagues