Old 09-05-2016, 04:06 PM   #18
alabamarob
MVP

alabamarob's Arena

OVR: 5
Re: Let's Talk Online Lag...

Quote:
Originally Posted by www.Coach2K.com
I don't think we can lay all online lag at the feet of 2K servers.

Many people have subpar connections as well everyone in their entire family on the net at the same time watching Netflix, YouTube and everything else while they are not only trying to play but stream as well. Not much 2K can do about someone overloading their connection.

My son has played a ton of Battlefield and experienced lag there so it's not immune from it.

I've played a ton of 12 minute quarter games of NBA2K and lag does happen from time to time but it isn't a huge problem.

I tend to experience more lag in the games against people I don't know.

That's not to say that 2K doesn't have issues with online though. I experience lag here and there and disconnects happen more than they should and it could of course be better.

But whether it was 2K or the person getting beat getting ticked and quitting and just blaming it on 2K servers is debatable sometimes.

People quitting because they don't want to lose is more of a problem in 2K than lag.
I agree with coach. 2k has server issues. But, in game lag is player dependant for me. If i play someone with a good connection there is no lag.

Youtube: 2k Hawks

Settings I play on.
Minutes: 12
Difficulty: HOF
Online or Offline player: Both
In a MLO: Yes