Cajungodfather
Rookie

Cajungodfather's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: RFF's M17 Sim League USER v USER Sliders

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aestis
Love the feedback, thank you--

RE: rushing, that's why anecdotal feedback is so tough. A terrible run game could mean sliders are low, but just as often if not moreso it's just a terrible run game. Happens in the NFL ALL the time. There's a high amount of variance, from 150-200+ yard team totals to 50. Lots of chunks come in the forms of big runs across all teams, so sometimes churning out a number of 2-3 yard runs plus a 30 yarder feels "too hard," but may actually be mirroring the NFL remarkably well. Definitely keep me in the loop as you get some data!

SPD threshold--I can tell you that anecdotally I have seen WRs get separation, just not nearly as often. At 50 the game feels like an arcade if you have a WR with elite speed or elite release. At 60, I'm still seeing separation and connecting on bombs, but I have to actually read the release, it's not just an assumption I can make. I'm still not sure if RBK at 56 is high enough or if it needs a bump. I think I'll hear some grumbling in our league about DE pursuit (side-note: as guys 'play closer' to each other, I feel pursuit & accel may come into play over raw SPD more frequently) success vs RBs & QBs.

Philosophical rant driving the SPD disparity slider:
Spoiler

Last note RE: drags--I've actually noticed less separation on drags which I see as a good thing, they felt a little OP/cheap to me in M16 vs man coverage. Interesting that your guys are relying on them even more.

The drags, I think we are seeing because a lot of guys are relying on zone coverages, not using them to beat man, like you'd expect. Specifically, zones that don't protect the flats or short yardage. As long guys aren't getting 10-20 yard gain consistently, I don't think it's going to be an issue, long term. You are 100% right, in M16, they were way over used in almost every league game I was in. But, again, it's just a very small sample, only 16 games played so far in the one week, with a few this week. I personally like the SPD where it's at, if only to keep the scores and yardage within reason. If this allows us to get big plays once a game, or every other game, it'll stay where it's at. So far, we have had a decent amount of defensive battles, which I like to see.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk