View Single Post
Old 09-07-2016, 08:59 PM   #49
Josam27o7
Pro

Josam27o7's Arena

OVR: 3
Re: NHL 17 Impressions

Holy ****, guys! I was a hardcore member of the community here for the glory years of NHL 09, 10. But NHL 11 onwards the game became super sloppy -- I tried the game every year, but disliked each new entry.

FINALLY, when you max out CPU difficulty, the CPU makes you feel under pressure. Makes you have to think about how to play. This is why NHL is FINALLY a game against the AI.

I am telling you guys, this game is no joke now. I'd say NHL 17 is now DEFINITELY better than Madden and Fifa. If you notice, everything in Madden and Fifa is SUPER FLOATY, players have no groundedness, no weight to them. You feel like you are controlling balloons. In NHL players have nice weight to them. The movement physics in NHL is light years ahead of FIFA and Madden.

When you combine the AI improvements with the weightiness of players -- these two aspects have created a lethal gameplay combination pushing NHL 17 boldly ahead of Madden and Fifa. This is why NHL now FEELS BETTER to play than Madden and Fifa. NHL 17 doesn't feel like an EA game, it almost feels like PES 17.

Last edited by Josam27o7; 09-07-2016 at 10:03 PM.