Old 09-13-2016, 07:58 PM   #919
PotterB33
Rookie

PotterB33's Arena

OVR: 1
Re: JoshC1977's M17 Sliders

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoshC1977
OK....so I decided tonight to do a 'hard reset' of these sliders.

Started from scratch at pure default (including EA having the MM injury slider at 10). Exception, of course was 60/80 CFM autosubs...because, you know, we like autosubs...

Matt's vids helped support a theory I had that the LB aggression was, in part, tied to autosubs. He was right (not that I am shocked). I started at 60/80 and it was better, but I saw excessive (like, ridiculously excessive) suction blocks....how anyone plays happily on pure default is beyond me..

Anyways, I started walking them down until suction was minimized, did a couple of other things and then adjusted penalties in groups based on the area of impact (zeroing them out in the MM as I saw gameplay flaws). The purpose of this was to validate what we had been doing.

It was 2.5 long hours of playing a play or two, replaying, starting over (through those darn load screens) adjusting....rinse and repeat. Now I see (at least good LBs) reacting better (playing zones better, reacting on run plays better, etc.).

I'm off of work tomorrow, so I will likely stream in the afternoon (pacific time). Should all go well, I will likely post the revised set tomorrow or Wednesday...no premature releases this time. It's very close to what we have now, but with some critical differences.
hope its going well, are you going to stream?