Old 09-21-2016, 03:15 PM   #24
cable guy
MVP

cable guy's Arena

OVR: 12
Re: There is no way to get DT'S to push OL properly

Quote:
Originally Posted by xCoachDx
I could sit here and make a long list of things wrong with this game..

OL/DL interaction is NOT fine. Not even close. Them removing the line moves is a great sign that EA makes horrific game dev decisions.

Pursuit is terrible. Significantly worse than it's ever been. Whether you like the game or not, please don't act like it isn't an issue. LB's and DB's allow themselves to be blocked and that's something that has never been an issue.

Pass coverages are decent but not to the realistic level that EA hypes it up to be. Also, I shouldn't necessarily have to have the "right" play called to cover a pass. Too frequently if I haven't made the exact correct changes before the snap, someone gets left open. I frequently see 3-4 defenders coving one receiver.

AI playcalling is beyond stupid. So tired of them going Cover 1 Press when I have a 3rd and 15.

The running back moves that everyone went crazy about are slow and sluggish. Very unrealistic and prevents you from having any really explosive and exciting runs.

AI QB's are sitting ducks. I said previously here or another thread where I played a PS2 Madden a few days ago and the CPU stepped up into the pocket, then scrambled to the right. As I switched to the CB and ran at the QB, he flipped the ball over my head to the WR.

There are so many problems within the game and alot of them weren't problems in the past. Everyone wants to just say "Oh well go adjust the sliders." That's a problem for two reasons: One, alot of the issues (pursuit being the main) aren't slider fixable. Two, why are WE essentially having to try and fix EA's mess? Madden 17 is FAR from a good football game. I don't understand anyone can possibly dispute that unless you are a very casual football fan that does not look for any bit of realism within the game.
You hit on some points, that I agree with. Really the only one i am fine with is line play. OL and DL interaction. But if you don't like it, we can't change your mind. I understand though, because some people might not agree with me on the other issues. #1 being, the AI is not... that good. Cpu qb and that cover 1 they just love.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk