View Single Post
Old 09-23-2016, 12:51 PM   #1
RogerDodger
MVP

RogerDodger's Arena

OVR: 0
Extra inning shenanigans

I really don't mind losing a game fair and square (and I absolutely love MLB The Show) but I feel like I've been cheated three times in extra innings.

I saved a game that was tied 1-1 in the 11th because I ran out of time and when I came back to finish it took a two run lead in the top of the 12th and left the bases loaded. Awesome, I thought. Until I gave up a walk off three run homer in the bottom of the 12th after the CPU put two on base - the first, thanks to a horrible fielding error.

When I loaded up my save game again and gave it another try, I ended up taking a one run lead in the top of the 13th after hitting a home run but didn't score again. Still, a 2-1 lead. The CPU's first hitter in the bottom of the 13th gets a triple thanks to the RF completely ignoring the ball as it dropped right in front of him. The second hitter swung and missed, but on an attempted steal for homeplate from 3rd, the catcher (who had the ball in his hand) completely missed tagging the baserunner who levelled it up 2-2. This time it stayed tied until the CPU scored another walk off homer the next inning. In the meantime, all I was hitting were infield ground balls.

I don't need to tell you what happened at the third attempt...

Like I said, I love this game and maybe I've not been "cheated" as such, but it's frustrating that if feels like there's obviously no way I am meant to win this game.
Advertisements - Register to remove