Old 09-24-2016, 11:53 AM   #47
Matt10
Hall Of Fame

Matt10's Arena

OVR: 23
Re: FIFA 17 OS Community Sliders

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sarezar
In some ways, this video was by far the most realistic FIFA play I have seen. I think pass error will need a lot more testing. Would love to see how the top teams play with the setting at 70. First touch error certainly made it interesting, though I'm sure it's another setting that needs testing.

I understand what you mean by bursting but because it's not often successful (as seen in all the videos, including yours) and because it happens in real life, I don't see it as a problem. Still, some ideas to try:
- Would decreasing Marking instead of increasing it work in our favour against bursting?
- Is there a way to make it so that if you were to use bursting, you spend that player's stamina faster so that at least it takes something back?
- Maybe decreasing team width will cut the running lanes/areas down?
I love your thinking, and can get on board with the mindset. Some of the questions can be answered, but depends on multiple values being addressed as a combo.

- Decreasing marking can work if it's paired up with the right Sprint/Acceleration and Line Length discrepancy.

- Stamina depletion/conservation is primarily based on the acceleration value. Lower acceleration = more stamina and higher acceleration = less stamina. The problem you run into is the very fast look of the game with a higher acceleration, or if it's too low you see little effect to players' fatigue levels.

- Decreasing team width would be relative to marking value. If you decrease it too much, with a lower marking, it could work, but it could also result in absent minded defending, or worse ADD (attention deficit defending). If marking is too high, then they'll try to mark too many players at once. From what I have seen, width may again be only for the offense, and not the defense. Similar to how it was when 1.05 patch came out in FIFA 16.