Old 09-24-2016, 09:35 PM   #11
stillfeelme
MVP

stillfeelme's Arena

OVR: 10
Re: The MESS that is 2K17's help defense... How to fix THREAD

Quote:
Originally Posted by strawberryshortcake
I also just tested out, at least I think I have the proper settings in place, and it just happened with Kevin Durant running from one side of the court to the other. I was using Curry. Durant decides to mysteriously come over to help. Was extremely excited to see a possible fix, but unfortunately, it didn't resolve it.

For whatever reason, it actually worked better if I kept everything on out of the box default setting and simply follow what Vni suggested, sort of. I simply kept off-ball pressure (tight) and on-ball pressure (tight). I played a full game and didn't get strange things like that happening, or at least I have yet to come across it. Still a trial and error period.

Did I miss something in Sam Pham's video.

Vni's Video

Wow makes no sense. I wonder did they try to program bad rotations to simulate that bad rotations do happen in the NBA. These rotations are just uncalled for and don't make sense. Basically you can't have perfect defense for every single possession.

The one thing that is appears to be clear I think help rules override defensive man logic? The only difference I see between what you did is I don't think Sam Pham set pre-rotate for everybody. The settings probably need one player to have hierarchy or gets confused who knows though lol.

All these settings are one big IF, THEN, do loops and it looks like they didn't get time to test them all out for bugs.
Advertisements - Register to remove