View Single Post
Old 09-26-2016, 03:01 PM   #501
lujer
Rookie

OVR: 6
Re: Jarodd21s Madden 17 All-Madden Sliders

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Chef
So having a slight issue with generating realistic pressure. Here's the thing, I get sacks but a vast majority of them are basically "coverage" sacks or blitzing and getting lucky that they have deep routes called and getting through. The thing is when I have 4 rushers across the line with PMV ratings of 89-90-90-91 I should be able to generate pressure with my front 4 and there should be some occasions where they get through pretty quickly, ie. like the CPU can do to me. I'm not expecting to get instant sacks on 3 step drops, thats the point of running a west coast offense (throw higher percentage passes and avoid the QB taking a beating) but when the CPU drops back, has all damn day to throw, coverage breaks down and someone improvises themselves open all the while my line is playing patty cake with the offensive line it starts to get annoying. Furthermore when Im facing a CPU offensive line that has PBK ratings all below 80 and my guys aren't getting through no matter what it starts to feel like a bunch of garbage. My defense is overall rated a 93, my defensive line consists of guys that not only shed blocks but rush the passer, I've got 2 corners who have 90 or better MCV and right around 90 ZCV, LB's that can make plays and shed blocks yet the defense plays nowhere near like they should.

Case in point, I'm playing Seattle and Russell Wilson is beating me with underneath stuff which, while highly annoying as guys drop far too damn deep, doesn't bother me too much. What does bother me is when he calls a play with deeper routes, my front 4 is stonewalled across the board, he stands there and pats the ball forever until someone improvises and gets open and its a big gain. IMO, thats highly unrealistic and never happens for me when Im on offense. Hell I called a quick hitter and had to hold the ball for a split second longer then I wanted and was sacked right away, why can't my defensive line generate the same amount of pressure on their end? I have no issues with me getting sacked, my line isnt anything amazing but here I am with an offensive line better then theirs and yet they block better then mine, this is the typical All-Madden cheese that so many have complained about in the past. For that reason I'm gonna start toying with the CPU PBK slider as its at the point where Im wasting money and time building a defensive line if they can only generate pressure against low AWR QB's (which isnt even a guarantee as they can go into robo mode at times as well) or when a QB starts to do that dumb run backwards away from the pressure crap giving you the easy sack.

Again Im not trying to generate a ton of sacks and just man handle the CPU, I want them to have that thought of "hey, their defensive line is better then my offensive line, I need to dink and dunk to avoid getting murdered" and it feels like the CPU doesnt even have to worry about my pass rush no matter who I got and who they got blocking.
Great post. I have seen guys run streak routes and then on the top of the route turn around for what is the worlds longest comeback...
This issue is for me the single biggest challenge. More pressure could also result in some of the shorter routes resulting in incompletions.
Advertisements - Register to remove